CAS provides services to vulnerable children and families in the London and Middlesex community. Accountable to the community as a whole, our mission is to ensure that all children thrive in a safe, stable and loving family.
- Protection, counselling and support services to children, youth and their families throughout the year.
- Substitute care to children throughout the year in foster, group and independence homes.
- Service in English and French. Cultural sensitivity is key to the success of our intervention and services because of the diversity of the families with whom we work with.
- Translators and interpreters to assist with communication for children and families.
The identity of families and children we serve is kept in the strictest confidence.
Our hope is that our assistance will contribute to increased well-being for children through an effective, dynamic and child-centred organization.
In 2012-2013, CAS:
- completed 2,626 investigations of child abuse and neglect from 7,461 referrals and inquiries
- provided ongoing support services to 2,229 children and youth and their families
- found supportive, loving adoptive families for 66 children and youth
- had over 50,000 hours of volunteer time donated by 196 volunteers
- awarded 21 new bursaries and 23 ongoing bursaries to youth attending post-secondary education.