CAS believes that all children have the right to thrive in a safe, stable and loving family. Although our core services are 100% government funded, we rely on generous donations from corporations, organizations and individuals to fund activities and programs preventing the need for children to come into CAS care and educational support programs for children and youth in our care.
Prevention programs and activities reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect and the need for CAS care. They have helped many children lead happier, more normal lives and enjoy the things that many of us take for granted, from summer camp, recreational activities throughout the year (music lessons, organized sports, art classes) to a toy under the tree at Christmas.
CAS is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Children and Youth Services to provide services mandated by the Child and Family Services Act including:
- Investigating allegations that a child might be in need of protection
- Protecting children
Additional funding outside of our core service is limited.
How You Can Help
- Bright Futures Bursary Program – Awards bursaries to youth in care to support their post-secondary education.
- Educational Success Program - A tutoring and mentorship program assigning mentors to children we work with helping to guide and tutor them throughout their educational journey from elementary school until they graduatate from post-secondary school.
- Recreational activities – camp, music lessons, organized sports, art classes
- Holiday Giving Campaign – Share the joy of the season by distributing hundreds of toys, clothes, gift cards and food baskets to children and families in the community .
- Youth Moving to Independence - providing our youth with addtitional support while they transition into their own apartments.
- Emergency Family Support - A crisis support fund to assist families in times of great need. This emergency fund helps to ensure the basic needs of children are provided for. For example food vouchers and clothing. Please note, this fund is only accessed when no other resources are available.