Resolving Service Complaints

The Children's Aid Society of London & Middlesex is committed to offering the best possible services to children, youth and families. If you have a concern or complaint about service, we want to work with you to resolve the issue. Here is what you can do.

1. Talk to your Worker. The most direct and efficient way to resolve the issue is to discuss your concern/complaint directly with your Worker. You may be able to resolve the issue together. Informal complaints do not need to be in writing.

2. Schedule a meeting. If you still have concerns after talking to your Worker, you can schedule a meeting with your Worker's supervisor. You are welcome to bring a support person (family member, friend) or Band Representative with you.

3. Formal written complaint. If after discussions your issue has not been resolved or you do not wish to have meetings with staff to resolve it, you can make a formal complaint, which must be in writing. Please see below for Procedure Brochures and the WRITTEN COMPLAINT FORM. If you require assistance with putting your concern/complaint in writing, we suggest you ask a family member, trusted friend or other community agency.

CAS Formal Complaint Process Procedure Brochures for:
Children & Youth in Care of CASLM
- Families Receiving Services from CASLM
- Referral Sources & Community Partners 

Access the Form in English and French for making a complaint to a Children's Aid Society's Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP) about a service sought or received. Click here to access the government WRITTEN COMPLAINT FORM in PDF - Number 006-3249E. 
Choisissez "Français" en haut à droite de la page pour changer de langue.

Click here for further instructions on how to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat for PDFs.  Let us know if you cannot access brochures or forms by contacting [email protected] or 519-455-9000. Thank you. 

Related Information

Rights and Responsibilities - A Guide for Children & Youth in Care

- The Ombudsman Ontario Children and Youth Unit is available to assist with unresolved complaints. Services are offered in French. Link to their Resources for Young People in Care - brochures and videos.

- Concerns/complaints regarding issues decided by the Court or that are currently before the Court fall under the Labour Relations Act are not eligible for review.

- The Child and Family Services Review Board (CFSRB) conducts reviews and hearings on a number of matters that affect children, youth and families in Ontario.

Children’s Aid Society London and Middlesex | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © PowerSchool Corporation | Login